S240 with Accel Deep 48A Mower Deck
S240 with Accel Deep 48A Mower Deck
The 48-in. (122-cm) Accel Deep Mower Deck is a forged-steel, deep, flat-top design that delivers excellent cut quality, productivity, cleanliness, durability, and versatility. Optimal performance and dispersion of clippings is provided, even at faster mowing speeds or in tall grass:
- 4.83-in. (12.3-cm) depth throughout the entire deck shell allows for optimum mowing, mulching, and bagging performance.
- Optional MulchControl™ system provides superior mulching performance and versatility.
- Forged-steel design eliminates sharp edges and corners where material can build up and diminish mowing performance.
- Mower deck is suspended from the vehicle for a smooth and level cut.
- Adjustable mower wheels positioned just above ground level help reduce scalping.
- 0.25-in. (6.4-mm) cut-height increments allow mower to be set at the desired cut height
- Compatible with high-performance Power Flow™ material collection system
Excellent cut quality
48A Mower Deck underside (similar Z300 shown)
NOTE: Optional front center rollers shown in above mower deck photos.
Deep mower-deck forging gives excellent cut quality. It allows the cut and suspended material room to exit the deck without getting recut:
- Reducing the amount of recutting enables more power to be used to cut incoming grass, which greatly improves mower capacity.
- Helps maintain excellent cut quality at faster mowing speeds
- Clean flow of material out of the discharge area prevents cut material from interfering with cutting the incoming grass, making it possible for the blades to cut incoming material cleanly.
- Even in mulching mode, cut evenness is improved compared to other designs because the additional depth allows for continuous circulation, optimal recutting, and an even distribution of clippings.
Productivity – getting the job done fast
Left side of Accel Deep mower deck
Right side of Accel Deep mower deck
Deep mower-deck forging gives high productivity, which gets the job done fast. It allows the cut and suspended material room to exit the deck quickly, reducing the amount of recutting so more power is available to process incoming grass:
- Greatly improves mowers capacity to maintain excellent mowing performance in difficult mowing conditions and at higher speeds
Large discharge opening is both high and wide to handle more material:
- Gives a smooth, even discharge of clippings at all mowing speeds
- Reduces the chance of plugging, especially important when operating in wet, thick, or dense grass and when bagging
Cleanliness – for the mower and the operator
Accel Deep 48A Mower Deck
The flat-top shape of the deck forging is optimal for keeping the deck and the operator clean:
- There are few places to catch and hold material on top and underneath the deck.
- Top of deck stays cleaner, reducing time and effort needed for cleaning and service
- Underside of deck is self-cleaning to maintain optimum performance without build-up of material to interfere with the flow of air and clippings
- Less need to clean and remove buildup of material from underside deck
- The depth of the Accel Deep mower deck minimizes the amount of material that escapes from the front of the deck.
- Limited amount of material drifts onto the operator and mower deck
- Even for material discharged out of the chute, less recutting results in larger pieces that are less likely to end up on the operator
- Mulching prevents the discharge of material completely, and the MulchControl system makes mulching a practical solution for most mowing situations.
Cleaning a mower deck, both top and bottom, is one of the most frequent maintenance activities:
- The flat-top design reduces places for material to build up and makes material that does collect easy to remove.
Mower wash port
Mower wash port with hose connector
A wash port is provided to make cleaning the underside of the mower deck easy.
- A hose connector is included with the mower deck.
Superior durability is designed in
Spindle pocket with flip-up cover
Easy-to-adjust mower wheel and mower side reinforcement
The 48A Mower Deck has strong spindle pockets, to keep the blades aligned, even after years of tough service:
- Forged from strong 10-gauge, 0.135-in. (3.4-mm) steel
- Ribs in the deck shell add strength where it is needed.
Mower wheels are heavy duty:
- Provides greater strength and durability for longer, trouble-free life.
- Setting wheels to the correct height for the cutting height is quick and easy.
Low-tension belt-drive design reduces the side load on engine lower bearings and mower deck bearings for longer life.
The mower deck features a 5/8-in. (16-mm) diameter solid-steel rod side bumper that provides extra strength and protection.
Dual-stage E-coat and powder-paint coatings provide extra protection from rust.
Versatility – easy to change between side discharge, mulch, and bagging modes
The 48A Mower Deck is designed for maximum versatility, providing the greatest ease in changing from one mower discharge mode to another
- With an optional MulchControl system installed (along with the special mulching blades), changing from side discharging to mulching or vice versa is done with the simple flip of a lever.
- The Power Flow rear bagger can be used with MulchControl by simply using the MulchControl lever to move the mulch baffle to the side-discharge position.
6.5-bu (229-L) Power Flow bagger
Optional rear bagger
Optional Power Flow blower
An optional 6.5-bu (229-L) Power Flow material collection system (MCS) is available. It provides efficient bagging performance and has easy-to-empty bags:
- The Power Flow blower and chute are easy to install. The Power Flow blower swings out for easy cleanout and cleanup.
- The hopper design provides modern styling, great bagging performance, cleaner operation, and easy-to-empty bags:
- 6.5-bu (229-L) capacity
- Easy-to-attach Power Flow blower
- Easy-to-attach chute
Side-discharge blades can be used with the Power Flow system when bagging.
Mulching blades are included with the optional MulchControl attachment. They can be used for mulching, side discharging, and bagging.
Mower blade use chart